Breedon is an industry leading construction materials company with more than 350 locations in Great Britain and Ireland. Breedon produces cement, aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete, slate, specialist concrete, clay products, as well as offering a range of contracting services.
Breedon is committed to fossil fuel replacement and strives for continued carbon reduction.
Breedon adopted Opqo, Sharptree’s mobile solution for Maximo and a premium Cohesive (Vetasi) Partner. Breedon went from being introduced to the product to running a proof of concept in less than 1 month, including IT reviews and testing.
Cohesive (Vetasi) took the lead on the implementation workshops, soliciting feedback from the technicians. Sharptree rapidly incorporated the feedback into the core Opqo product, which was instrumental in adoption and effective change management.
Breedon has seen increased efficiency, improved access to data, and improved productivity as a result of Opqo within six months of production. They can now plan and schedule work more effectively and react to problems in near real time.
Breedon has identified several areas where it can now make better use of Maximo to drive better data quality, including making use of Opqo’s inspection
capabilities as well as inventory management.
- Roadmap for improvement
- Paperless ﬂow of information
- Hazard identiﬁcation and risk assessment
- All activities planned and managed through Maximo
- Inventory checking and issuing
- Monitoring of accurate data for KPI (Key Performance Indicators) review and strategic improvements
- All inspections and data recording through Maximo
- Work Permits with Lock Out – Tag Out in Maximo and Mobile
- Opqo is an integral part of Maximo utilisation