Cohesive is an independently operated business unit of Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) the infrastructure engineering software company. Cohesive brings you the world’s leading digital engineering, enterprise asset management, asset delivery, and asset service performance optimization capabilities. Utilizing the power of data, digital twins, artificial intelligence, and capitalising on new technology to optimize and automate operations, building digital talents and cultures for better long-term sustainable results.Cohesive provide strategic advice, integration services, systems deployment, and service operations to enable our clients to excel in achieving their business outcomes. Cohesive respond with agility to rapidly changing market conditions, preparing you for the future whilst maximizing value and resources, operating in a way that safeguards the planet in a sustainable way.
This statement explains how Cohesive processes personal data collected through websites, products, services, and through in-person and digital events, webinars, surveys, marketing activities, and visits to our premises (collectively our “offerings”). Bentley Systems Privacy Statement is available here.
We may display supplemental privacy notices on occasion, such as when we believe additional transparency would help you make an informed choice about whether to provide personal data. For example, you may see a supplemental privacy notice explaining a particular data collection program, or you may see a supplemental privacy notice when registering for an event.
This Privacy Statement describes how we process personal data for our own purposes. We also process personal data on behalf of our clients subject to a written contract. We do not control the data processing or protection practices of our clients, which may differ from those set out in this Privacy Statement.
“Personal data” is information that identifies, or can reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to, an identifiable person. Personal data does not include information that is anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated, as those terms may be defined under applicable law. For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal data” and “personal information” have the same meaning and are used interchangeably.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE AND COLLECT
Information you provide us:
We collect information directly from you, such as when you use our Offerings, register a product or service, sign up for our newsletter or for one of our events, interact with one of our events, surveys, activities or with social media, visit our premises, or otherwise contact us. The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, telephone number, physical and/or email addresses, and IP address.
- Professional information, such as your occupation, industry, professional licenses, work experience and employment history, and other qualifications.
- Commercial information, such as details about your subscription plans, the offerings that you have purchased, used and/or expressed interest in, and events you have attended.
- Financial account information, such as payment information you provide when making a purchase of or through an Offering.
- Visual, audio, and electronic information, such as your picture or signature; records of our interactions, such as correspondence, details of complaints and their resolutions, service records; your preferences, including your preferred tools, experience, language, and the frequency at which you wish to receive marketing communications.
Information we obtain or generate:
We automatically collect or generate certain personal information about you based on your interactions with us, such as when your use our Offerings, and we may associate that information with your account. The information we collect includes:
- Identifiers, such as unique user identifiers, unique device identifiers, IP addresses, cookie identifiers, information about product licenses, and usernames
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the website domain visited; which activities and offerings are used, how, and for how long; posts, discussions, and other types of engagement with us.
- Geolocation information, such as country codes, IP addresses, and language preferences.
- Electronic information, such as information about operating systems, device types, information about browsers, information relating to automatic updates and technical errors, information about your use of our Offerings, including your preferred tools and experiences, and your engagement with our activities.
- Commercial information, such as records about interest in our offerings or completed purchases.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal and Offering usage information available to us.
Information we collect from other parties:
We receive and process information from our affiliates and from third-party sources, such as employers, business partners, business contact databases, enrichment services, marketing service providers, third-party data aggregators, and social networking services and platforms (e.g., LinkedIn). We also receive information from publicly available sources and licensors. The categories of personal information we collect from these sources include:
- Identifiers, such as names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Professional information, such as occupations, industries, professional licenses, work experience and employment histories, and other qualifications.
- Education information, such as your educational background.
- Commercial information, such as events you have attended or activities you have participated in.
- Inferences, such as regarding usage information and your preferences, behaviors, and other attributes.
In accordance with applicable law, we may combine your personal data with information we collect from other parties to help keep our databases current and accurate, and to provide you with more relevant content, experiences, and other Offerings.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you.
- To deliver services, products, and other offerings, including information such as insights and recommendations, as necessary to perform our contract with you.
- To send you important information, such as about your account or purchases, within the scope of our contract with you.
- To send you information you requested to the extent necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest, for example in responding to client inquiries.
- To maintain and improve the security of, and to troubleshoot any issues relating to, our offerings as necessary to perform our contract with you or, when not necessary to perform a contract, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting our business.
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you in furtherance of our legitimate interest in conducting research and analysis.
- To develop and improve our current and future offerings and your experience, including through the use of automated systems that analyze data using machine learning and other analytic techniques, in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent.
- To understand the ways our offerings are used and who is using them in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving our offerings and the overall user experience or, where needed, with consent.
- To analyze information about how you interact or may interact with us or our offerings in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving our offerings and your experience with us or, where needed, with consent.
- To make strategic decisions concerning our business operations, including reporting on the performance of our business, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in making those decisions or, where needed, with consent.
- To send you suggestions, newsletters, surveys, or other information, including information that may be relevant to your interests or preferences, in furtherance of our legitimate interest in improving your client experience or, where needed, with consent.
- To detect, prevent, or otherwise address non-valid use such as through fraud and software piracy (e.g., to confirm that software is genuine and properly licensed) and to protect you, Bentley Systems, and/or third parties in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- To enforce, and review compliance with, the legal terms that govern our offerings in furtherance of our legitimate interest in ensuring adherence to the relevant terms.
- To comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws.
- To protect the rights, safety, and property of Bentley Systems, you, or any third party in furtherance of our legitimate interest in protecting us, our users, and third parties.
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details below or as otherwise indicated to you in writing. Please note that your withdrawal of consent will not affect our processing activities based on your consent that occurred before your withdrawal.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information, we balance your rights against ours so that our interest is not overridden by the interests you have to protect your information. You may also have the right to object to that processing on the basis of circumstances specific to you.
When we process personal data about you to comply with legal requirements or to perform our obligations under a contract with you or with our client through whom you use our offerings, failure to provide such data may prevent or delay our fulfillment of these obligations.
REASONS WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell or otherwise disclose information that we collect to others, except as described in this Privacy Statement. We disclose the categories of information described above to the following categories of persons:
- Our service providers, including vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf, for business purposes. Our service providers process your information subject to contractual terms that restrict their ability to use your information.
- Our business partners, such as integration partners, event sponsors, partners, and attendees, with whom you interact to facilitate your relationship with us and those business partners for any of the purposes described in our or those business partners’ privacy statements.
- Bentley Systems (its affiliates and subsidiaries), for any of the purposes and uses of information described in this Privacy Statement, including providing you with offerings (including administering purchases, services, and payments across our offerings) in furtherance of our legitimate interests.
- Social networking services and platforms to connect with or share information publicly, with service providers, or with your contacts on such services or platforms.
- Persons to whom we are required by law to provide information, such as pursuant to a subpoena or a court order.
- Law enforcement, legal counsel, or other reasonably necessary parties when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud or piracy, defend ourselves against attacks, or protect the rights, property, and safety of Bentley Systems, our clients, and the public.
- Persons involved in the consideration, negotiation, completion of a business transaction, including the sale, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, or reorganization, and any subsequent integration.
We may also disclose your personal information to other parties when we have your consent to do so or when you direct us to, for any purposes requested or permitted by you.
We may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified demographic, statistical, and other information regarding use of our offerings with third parties for marketing, analytics, planning, and other purposes. Such information will not specifically identify any particular user.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions. For more information about our security practices, please contact us at the contact details below and/or review Bentley Systems Trust Center.
We take reasonable steps to limit the access our employees, contractors, and agents have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You may have the right to access, update, delete, receive a copy of, or restrict our use of your personal data. When we process personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent any time.
Certain jurisdictions grant individuals additional rights with respect to their personal data. Depending on where you live or applicable law, you may also have the right to:
- Object to our processing of your personal data
- Have us block or anonymize your personal data, as appropriate
- Receive a copy of your personal data to transfer it to a third party
- Opt-out of certain direct marketing communications
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties
- Lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in the jurisdiction in which you are located
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law. For example, even if you ask us to delete your personal information, we may need to retain it to complete transactions you have requested, to comply with our legal obligations, or for other limited business purposes as required or permitted by law. To exercise applicable rights, please contact us.
Where we process personal data on behalf of our clients, we may refer the request to the relevant client and cooperate with their handling of the request, subject to any special contractual arrangement with that client.
CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Because we are a global company, we transfer personal data across national borders to other countries, in compliance with the laws that apply to that data. Where required by law, we have put in place measures (such as standard contractual clauses) to adequately protect personal data that we transfer across borders.
Client data can be localized for a number of our offerings, and this will be detailed in the proposal for services and/or written contract.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Collection and Use of Children’s Information:
Our webpages, offerings, and services are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children.
Links to Other Sites:
Our web pages may contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. Please refer to the policies of the respective site.
Enforcement of This Privacy Statement:
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, you should contact our Data Protection Officer.
Changes to This Privacy Statement:
We will update this Privacy Statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services and practices. When we make changes, we will post the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Privacy Statement, so you know when those changes were made. If there are material changes to this Privacy Statement or in how we will use information we collect from and about you, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes prior to implementing the change or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
HOW TO CONTACT US
To contact us, please use the following contact information. When you do so, please tell us the name of the offering about which you are contacting us:
By email at: dpo@Bentley.com
By postal mail:
Data Protection Officer
Bentley Systems International
Charlemont Exchange, 05 â€“ 101
Charlemont Exchange, 42 Charlemont Street,
Dublin 2, D02VN88