Cohesive (Vetasi) is working with one of the world’s largest facility services providers as they required a partner to provide them with a hosting solution for their business-critical Enterprise Asset Management, mobile and scheduling systems.
Highly Secure Solution
Cyber-attacks are one of the fastest-growing hazards of our time and threaten organisations and businesses around the world. Unfortunately, our client recently suffered an attack which affected many of its core IT systems and, as a precaution, all the systems were turned off. Cohesive (Vetasi) was able to demonstrate very quickly that our systems had not been compromised and were the first to be switched back on. As part of the client’s programme to strengthen their IT security, more applications were subsequently moved across to the Cohesive (Vetasi) managed service.
Bringing together industry-grade security standards, annual penetration tests, monthly server maintenance and patch management, the Cohesive (Vetasi) hosting solution provides the client with an intrusion prevention solution as well as integrating with the monitoring and alerting service, to provide a full reporting solution for any attempted hacking or other cyber-attacks.
“Cohesive (Vetasi)’s Maximo managed service has reduced our operational risks and IT costs and enabled our resources to focus on core business priorities. The Cohesive (Vetasi) team are very proactive in the service they provide and always quick to respond and resolve any issues we have.”
Cohesive (Vetasi) has developed a unique 24/7/365 monitoring solution that detects early signs of possible issues, allowing the hosting team to visualise system behaviour trends and predict and resolve those issues before they even have time to occur. This has contributed to the record of zero downtime during the two years that Cohesive (Vetasi) has been providing the hosting service.
Cohesive (Vetasi)’s hosting service, uses market-leader Amazon Web Services (AWS), to deliver a Virtual Private Cloud (AWS VPC). This is a logically isolated section of the AWS Cloud and, as it is dedicated specifically to each customer, provides the required level of security for the operation of their systems.
Security of data and information, and that of their clients, was of paramount importance to our customer and it selected Cohesive (Vetasi)’s managed service due to the highest levels of security measures along with 24/7 incident support to maintain the smooth running of its operations.
Cohesive (Vetasi)’s Maximo managed service delivers the following features and benefits:
- Industry standard infrastructure monitoring of all systems, including specific checks on app servers and monitoring of AWS RDS and network servers. Infrastructure managed by the client is also included in the monitoring offering.
- 24/7, and response to production system, alerts are distributed via automatic phone calls to on-call members of the Cohesive (Vetasi) hosting team.
- Custom Maximo monitoring solution developed on the Elastic Stack which ingests all Maximo logs and alerts on hits on log entries.
- Industry-grade security standards by utilizing a 7-layer security model.
- Application access compliance with NIST, pciDSS and HIPAA.
- Annual penetration tests executed via a third-party organisation against all hosted services.
- Monthly Server maintenance and patch management.
- Individual VPNs for access to servers in a secure fashion and abstraction of the security layer away from AWS security groups and into a custom security solution.
- Oracle DBA services, optimisation, and performance tuning for optimal application performance